Monday, May 11, 2009

I Love Comediennes - Wanda Sykes

Are women just not funny? I certainly don't agree, but there seems to be this exact myth going around. Whatever, I know plenty of funny ladies that happen to be in my life. I have several female friends and family members that are pretty hilarious. To say that women are not as funny as men is a ridiculous generalization that I thought we'd moved beyond.

That's why I feel the need to shout out some of my favorite female comedians in this new segment "I Love Comedians." These are people that are ground breakers in the profession of comedy, and also happen to be chicks. Imagine that?

Wanda Sykes is an accomplished comedienne who has written for Chris Rock, had her own show called Wanda Does It and won an Emmy award.  Sykes actively fights for gay rights and has come out as a lesbian.  She was most recently asked to be the comedienne at the White House Correspondents Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment