Sunday, May 10, 2009

Favorite Comedian?



I want to know, who is your favorite comedian and why? What makes that person stand out against the rest? What about their style is so unique? How do they appeal to your sense of humor? Do you identify with that person or their experiences?

Basically, what are you, my audience, into?

My four favorite comedians of all time are featured above: Richard Pryor, Mitch Hedberg, Dave Chapelle and Katt Williams. I love the fact that they can all make fun of themselves, yet they have a universal appeal to make you sit back and say, "Shit, that definitely happened to me too!"

I also respect these comedians because they have a talent that many of us are lacking. Yes, they are hilarious, but they have the ability to use humor to shift focus on actual social issues. Whether it's drug use and laws, race, or the dynamics in various relationships, they bring the laughs while still getting the point across.

So, who does it for you, and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment