Monday, May 11, 2009

Bring Back Dave Chapelle

This is a plea to bring Dave Chapelle back to Comedy Central. I know what you're thinking... But didn't he leave on his own?

Yes, but now it's our responsiblitly to get him back. I really don't think he has a say in the matter at this point. You see, once he left, this is what Comedy Central attempted to fill the void with:



I won't dare post any of his video content on this site. It's just that bad. If you don't know what I'm talking about, seek it out at your own risk. If you do know... well, just rest assured that I've sat through entire episode of one of his shows, too. I empathize with you.

I started to lose just a little bit of faith in my beloved Comedy Central when they decided to give an untalented, joke stealer his very own show. However, they've since redeemed themselves with this:



I take this as a sign that he will never be given the opportunity to return again. *keeping fingers crossed*

But really, Dave needs to come back. I've been a fan since Half-Baked. I don't think any other weed movie had ever gotten it so perfect, so right.



Are memories of rushing home from late night college classes to unwind with a glass of wine and the lastest Chapelle Show episode all I have left? It's so bittersweet to watch the DVDs. Please, Dave, come back so that we never, ever have to endure a Mind of Mencia repeat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment