Monday, March 9, 2009

I Love Comedy Central - SouthPark

It’s been forever, but the wait is over! South Park’s 13th season finally begins this Wednesday. Oh? It was only November when the latest episode aired? Well, that feels like forever, especially when you consider that I’ve resorted to Rock of Love Bus and Bad Girls Club, just to name a few. Those are comedies, right? Moving on…

Reminiscing, it’s hard to believe that I watched my first episode of South Park as a 13-year-old eighth grader. I wanted to see what everyone in school was talking about; what was this crazy show? I wasn’t prepared for what I saw that night, and neither was my mom, who was curious about my sudden interest. After we finished the “Merry Christmas, Charlie Manson!” episode, we both agreed it was pretty funny. Was it appropriate for me? That was debatable; my mother even remarked that there was going to be “a lot of offended people.” And even though she said something to the effect of, you shouldn’t watch this show again, she knew it was nearly impossible to censor my media intake. Anything my parents popped in the VCR, whether it was The Lion King or Goodfellas, I watched. So, of course I watched South Park, and the episodes continued to get more outrageous, yet sophisticated.



By far, one of my favorite shows of all time, South Park has definitely been getting better with age. I know all things must come to an end, but I’d love to make an exception for these four boys from Colorado.

Check out the season premiere, Wednesday, March 11 at 10 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment