Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Summer Time at Bonnaroo

When I think of summer, I think of all the festivals and concerts that are coming up.  Since I'm graduating this semester, I'll finally have plenty of free time to travel, chill, relax, party, read, and basically do anything I want... when I'm not focusing on work of course.  When I was looking at summer festivals, I was surprised to see comedy is usually a staple at some of these events.


This year at Bonnaroo in Tennessee - which is the closest and has more than a few musical acts I'd like to see - there's going to be a lot of great comics performing (my picks bolded):

Jimmy Fallon 
Triumph the Insult Comic Dog 
The Daily Show's John Oliver, Rob Riggle & Rory Albanese 
Michael Ian Black & Michael Showalter 
Aziz Ansari 
Kristen Schaal 
Arj Barker 
Todd Barry 
Wayne Federman
Nick Thune 
Nick Kroll 
Kurt Braunohler 
Amy Schumer 
Kumail Nanjiani 
Pete Holmes

I would love to go to Bonnaroo, and while I don't like to think I'm high maintenance, I just can't imagine roughing it for four days on a farm in Tennessee... in a tent... in June.  


I mean, Baltimore is too humid to me, so I realistically can't handle it.  I would love to go because in addition to comedy there will be great music (Mars Volta, Animal Collective, Santigold, etc.), films, and all kinds of art and unique vendors.  If you've been or are thinking of going, please share your thoughts, I'm still on the fence!

4 comments:

  1. it would be wrong to give up bonaroo
    you need to celebrate your grauation

    http://www.poorvin.com/roo/
    check that site for first-timers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they have quite the extensive line-up. And I mean, the Boss and NIN?

    Also, John Oliver. Just John Oliver. He's the funniest thing about the Daily Show next to Jon Stewart...And I'd say that he alone is worth the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a really great line up. i think you should brave the heat...it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very interesting. i'm not familiar with all of those comedians but you should definitely check out triumph the insult comic dog - he can be really funny

    ReplyDelete