Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Baltimore Comedy Factory

It's great to watch stand-up comedians on Comedy Central and other networks, but the live experience is definitely a great way to spend an evening with your friends. Baltimore has plenty of opportunities to see comedy, and a lot of venues offer specials for certain nights.


One of the most notable comedy clubs locally is the Baltimore Comedy Factory. Here's the details: you must be 18 years old or over, admission is $17, and there's a two drink minimum. Keep this quick tip in mind though, if you sign up for their email list, they will send you tickets either waiving the entry fee or for unlimited drinks (the latter is my preference). Also, Burke's, the restaurant underneath the club, has great food and the servers are incredible. If you let them know that you’re going to see a show, they make sure to get you in and out, no matter how crowded it is.

The Baltimore Comedy Factory is located at the corner of Light Street and Lombard Street downtown, and there are shows every Thursday – Saturday nights. So when you’re looking for laugh on the weekends, keep the Comedy Factory in mind!

2 comments:

  1. $17 with a two drink minimum. Are the drinks included in the fee or added on to it? How much extra will two drinks cost me at the least?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you have to still pay for the drinks, but if you go to a lot of comedy clubs, you will find this is standard. However, the club gives out the free tickets like crazy, I've never been without either my entry being paid or my drinks being free. Beer is like $5 each. Last time I went, I had six of them, but it was under an unlimited drink ticket, so I just paid for entry. $30 worth of free drinks, I'd say it's a good deal.

    ReplyDelete