Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hey fans of comedy!

I’m Erica and I have a lot going on. First, a few quick things about myself: I’m a graduating senior from Towson University, majoring in journalism and working full-time. I have no idea what I want to do after graduation, but I’m looking forward to figuring that out. This blog is my contribution to my writing for the new media class.

Whenever I find that I have a free moment at home or work, I love watching viral videos. I think it’s awesome and amazing that the Internet is being used a cheap resource for comedians to gain more exposure than ever before. Not only is the exposure amazing, but the direct communication with the audience is also helpful; comments on videos provide insight into what jokes work well, or not at all.

This blog will feature examples of Internet comedians who have gained notoriety, video compilations of comedians I feel need exposure, funny things in general, interviews with comedians and tips on using the Internet as a tool to help with a career in comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment